Customer Privacy Notice
Get to know our Privacy Notice and your choices about how information is used. This notice is designed to provide transparency into our privacy practices, in a format that is easy to read, understand and navigate. Reference each section to get an overview of how we collect, use, share, and safeguard your information, or click learn more to expand and view the full Customer Privacy Notice.
Information We May Collect
We collect three main types of information related to you or your use of our products and services:
(1) Information from or about you or your devices
(2) Information from or about your Tesla vehicle
(3) Information from or about your Tesla energy products
Depending on the products and services you request, own, or use, not all of these types of information may be applicable.
How We May Use Your Information
We may use information we collect to:
(1) Communicate with you
(2) Fulfill our products and services
(3) Improve and enhance development of our products and services
This includes contacting you (or other necessary parties) to advise you of important safety-related information, present products and offers tailored to you, or to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests for product information, newsletters, or other events.
Sharing Your Information
We may share information with:
(1) Our service providers and business partners when necessary to perform services on our or on your behalf
(2) Third parties you authorize
(3) Other third parties as required by law
Some examples of when we may share your information include, payment processing, order fulfillment, product installation, customer service, marketing, financing, service or repair, and other similar services.
Choice and Transparency
We enable you to access and control the data that we collect, use and share from or about you, or your use of our products or services, including through device permissions, in-app settings, marketing opt-outs, and disabling collection of certain data.